Marketing Executive - Full Time (Graduate)
Must be based on the Isle of Lewis - please only apply if you are able to work from our head office in Stornoway.
Due to growth, ishga is looking for a creative and hard-working Graduate Marketing Executive to join our team, based in Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis. The role may involve a mix of working from home and from our head office in Stornoway, so the candidate should be based on the Isle of Lewis. The role would suit a new graduate, and the main purpose is to support national and international brand growth across online and offline sales channels, reporting to the Head of Marketing. It will involve frequent calls and video conferencing with the ishga commercial team and the wider team and stakeholders.
ishga is growing quickly and therefore the position would suit a candidate who is a fast learner and happy to help in any areas of the business required to drive growth.
This role is full time (40 hours). Training and personal development opportunities will be available.
- Supporting the Head of Marketing with digital marketing and e-commerce admin tasks
- Creating, scheduling and publishing content for a range of social media channels
- Capturing and editing content at head office and around the island which aligns with our brand image and engages our audience
- Research to stay on top of the latest digital marketing trends and channels
- Day-to-day monitoring of social media channels and community management
- Monitoring and assisting with paid social advertising
- Keeping engaged with our wider online community
- Assisting with influencer marketing activities
- Assist with the creation of the marketing and content plans
- Support email marketing activity including database management, automations and planning.
- Copywriting for various online and offline channels
- Researching and exploring new marketing partnership initiatives
- Joining internal and external meetings and calls to support marketing activity
Knowledge, skills and experience
- A University Degree (recently graduated in the last two years)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a creative flair
- Good with a camera and editing functions (smartphone is suitable)
- Personable, presentable, positive and articulate
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of the following (desired but training can be provided): -
- Content Management Systems (e.g Hootsuite)
- Social Media Channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest and LinkedIn)
- Google Analytics
- Design platforms (e.g Canva, Photoshop)
- Email marketing platforms (e.g Mailchimp)
- Strong copywriting skills and the ability to communicate ideas
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 and Dropbox
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- A genuine passion for skincare is desirable
About ishga Skincare
The name ishga is derived from the Gaelic word for water.
The pure, clean waters of the Hebridean Islands off the north west coast of Scotland is home to ishga, and where we sustainably hand harvest the seaweed that's at the heart of our skincare range. Hebridean seaweed contains natural antioxidants with properties which transform and protect tired or aging skin. ishga has developed a bespoke process to extract its natural goodness, harnessing an abundance of vitamins and minerals to create a remarkable range of products.
Discover more at www.ishga.com
Salary is competitive and will be discussed at interview stage.
Start date will be at the latest 1st November 2021.